August 23, 2011

up there
a documentary about billboard painters

i learned a craft when i was young.
i used to go to graphic school, not to learn how to design but
to learn about reproduction photography and how to cut tons of paper at once without loosing one of my digits.
even though i work in an office for years now doing nothing but shoot trouble (i.o answering mails + calls in a way that they won't contact me anytime soon again) i still admire the people who make a living out of working with their hands to create something beautiful.

not so long ago i came across the documentary up there.
this documentary is made by the ritual project, a group of documentarians following NYC painters as they paint a 20x50 foot brick wall.


 i found it very awe-inspiring to see
a group of people so dedicated
to the craft


not only the painters
but also the people
who made a clear and somehow soothing picture
of what it means to have a job like that and to keep on doing it although they know there are faster and cheaper ways to achieve what they do.




it's a craft
i think it's art. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Kitty K's Archive

It's Kitty K.

My photo
Netherlands
Personal assistant happily working in the music industry with a love for music, art, fashion, and all kind of beautiful obnoxious stupid and intriguing things. Loves to be amazed, every day. My contact details are: itskittyk@gmail.com. Feel free to drop me a line. The images on Its Kitty K are found all over the amazing internet. I use them because they invoke certain feelings in me and in my readers. If I happen to violate any copyrights you might have, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will remove the picture. Additionally; if you know the author of an unknown post please drop me an email (itskittyk@gmail.com). This is not a commercial blog and I don't get paid for my work. My drive is to show and share great things to you.